This page is under construction. Bear with me.
Ten things that delight me:
- This sporty carrier for one’s Veuve Cliquot :
3. Beautiful, old-fashioned soap labels, like these from Claus Porto.
3. (Really it’s #4, but being my own webmaster, I can’t manage to fix that). Charles Dickens’s characters, especially The Infant Phenomenon (aka Ninetta Crummles) from Nicholas Nickleby and the sublimely flustered Flora Finching from Little Dorrit.
5. Dog shaming on the internet.
6. Knitting yarn, especially Shetland and Shilasdair from Scotland.
7. Really good chocolate. And I’m not talking Hershey’s kisses, either.
8. Dog-foot violets.
9. Beautiful embroidery, preferably old
My ten favorite books, in no particular order (as of today):
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
True Grit by Charles Portis ( Donna Tartt absolutely rules with the narration of the audiobook)
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (must be illustrated by Tasha Tudor)
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (Ruby Dee’s narration of the audiobook is earth-shattering.)
Beloved by Toni Morrison
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck