This page is under construction. Bear with me.
Ten things that delight me:
- CHAMPAGNE! And I covet this little suitcase for one’s Veuve.
2. Beautiful, old-fashioned soap labels, like these from Claus Porto.
5. (Really it’s #4, but being my own webmaster, I can’t manage to fix that). DOG shaming on the internet.
7. Really good chocolate. And I’m not talking Hershey’s kisses, either.
8. Dog-foot violets.
9. Beautiful embroidery, preferably old.
Maison Ladurée, Paris.
My ten favorite books, in no particular order (as of today):
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
True Grit by Charles Portis ( Donna Tartt absolutely rules with the narration of the audiobook)
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (must be illustrated by Tasha Tudor)
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (Ruby Dee’s narration of the audiobook is earth-shattering.)
Beloved by Toni Morrison
The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray